want to check two wheeler insurance using vehicle number ? if yes then this article is for you.
After reading this article you will have the complete information about with vehicle number how can you check two wheeler insurance.
Requirement of third party insurance is mandatory as per motor vehicles act, 1988. A vehicle registration number can be used to check all details regarding vehicle insurance, PUC certificate, owner’s details and more. Wanna know how to check about your vehicle insurance details using its registration number online, then follow up this article till the end.
What is a vehicle registration number ?
It is mandatory to have a vehicle registration number to drive in India as per motor vehicle law. Whenever you purchase a bike, the first thing to do is to register the vehicle to your nearest Regional Transport Office, thereafter you get your registration number which is mandatory to drive. RTO is an authority which basically issues a registration number to newly purchased bikes according to some criteria.
Registration number of vehicles are like their identification number that can provide you various details regarding it like – owners detail, insurance, PUC certificate, engine/ chassis number and many more.
The basic structure of a vehicle registration number is AB 00 CD 0000, where AB represents the state code where the vehicle is registered. Then the two digits followed are the Nearest RTO, Regional Transport Office code which basically tells us about the area in which the vehicle is registered in a state. Thereafter the two Letters are the RTO sequence and the last four digits stands for the unique registration number issued to the vehicle.
A bike registration number is used to make or renewing insurance policies, knowing the status of insurance policy like expiry date and making claims.
How to check bike insurance policy details using registration number ?
A vehicle registration number can be used to check for bike insurance policy details in multiple ways by the ease of technology from the comfort of home. You can also adopt these ways if you have forgotten your bike insurance policy number.
- You can check out the insurance policy details from the website of the ministry of road transport and highways.
- Go to the official website parivahan.gov.in
- Check out the online services section and then click on “vehicle related services”.
- Enter your bike’s registration number on the landing page.
- All further details will be shown up on the website.
- You can visit the official website of the RTO from where your vehicle is registered. Enter your bike’s registration number and other required details. Yeah all the details are there.
- It can also be checked the insurance policy details by going to the insurance provider’s website and get your details by entering your registration number.
- You can also try the m parivahan app. Do register in the app by entering the mobile number and the registration number. All the details like owners detail, insurance policy details, and others will be displayed up.
Renewing the bike insurance policy
After checking the details of policy from the above provided any of the methods, one can check its policy validity and expiry date from there. Further you can also renew your insurance policy using your bike registration number.